The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business prepares people from everywhere to lead anywhere.
Through dedicated teams of school and college staff and faculty who focus on diversity and inclusion, the College of Business is uniquely positioned to prepare our students to join and lead organizations that are constantly evolving in composition.
We facilitate learning opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to embrace different experiences, cultures, educational backgrounds, and social identities. Here our community contributes to an environment that leans into authenticity—encouraging each other to lead the charge to affect change and reduce the gaps of inequity in business.
Our goal is to empower the SC Johnson College of Business community by equipping them with essential tools needed to cultivate an inclusive environment—importantly transcending from skillset to mindset.
We strive to make our strategic vision for diversity and inclusion the standard that our peers seek to emulate.
Cultivate: An inclusive and authentic environment
- An organizational structure and diverse leadership team devoted to diversity and inclusion
- More than 25 student organizations that celebrate diversity across all three schools within the College of Business
- Students participate in and lead other Cornell-wide diversity organizations
- Inclusive pedagogies and classroom practices
- Students from more than 40 countries across the college
- Diversity Week, Ally Week, and LGBTQ awareness programming
Equip: With skills to work effectively across differences
- Lunch and Learns
- New student diversity training
- Dialogues and forums on relevant diversity and inclusion issues
- Programming for underrepresented students
- Faculty-developed curriculum and research on diversity topics
- Guest speakers
- Experiential workshops
- Professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
Empower: A community that drives positive change within the business landscape
- Student leadership opportunities
- Open discussions/active participation for students, faculty, and staff
- An environment that encourage students to be their authentic selves
- Accessible resources
- Empowering our base to redefine the status quo
How will you make a difference?
In seeking to empower all members of our community to embrace diversity and act as ambassadors in their individual pursuits—be it here or afar—we strive to consistently model a diverse, inclusive environment. As an integral part of our community, and through the experiences our students have with our diversity and inclusion initiatives, each member is emboldened to shape the future and make a real impact on the industries they enter and the communities they join.
Learn more about diversity and inclusion initiatives across the College of Business.
Acting Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, College of Business
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
At the Dyson School we’re committed to fostering a culture of inclusion where every person is welcomed, respected, supported, and valued.
Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Dyson School
School of Hotel Administration
The Hotel School is leading the world in teaching the business of hospitality while fostering a sense of community and embracing diversity.
Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Hotel School
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
Johnson's Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) works in collaboration with campus partners to attract and support a diverse MBA community whose members seek to become change agents in business. Johnson was one of the first top-tier business schools to develop a dedicated office to support diverse MBA students.
Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Assistant Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion