- This event has passed.
CHR: Power of Intelligent Data Stitching: Personalizing the Customer Journey
May 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
At the start of 2020, the U.S. hospitality sector was riding high and basking in nearly 10 consecutive years of growth. That spring the world was locked down by the COVID-19 pandemic, which brought with it economic devastation for many, unprecedented change for most, and social and travel restrictions for all. It shattered growth forecasts, crippled logistics, and stymied bookings and sales.
Hospitality merchants are now looking ahead in anticipation of the return of demand. There is optimism that consumers and businesses, denied the freedom to meet, socialize, and have fun, will be eager to seize the opportunity for travel when it arises. This will generate high levels of demand and increased spending across all hospitality sectors, from casinos and cinemas to hotels, golf courses, bars, and restaurants. And the competition for the customer will be fierce.
Merchants are looking for ways to update their legacy payment technology systems to deal with the evolving needs of the consumer, particularly around data management, loyalty, and customer satisfaction. In this Keynote discussion, we’ll examine why it’s important to have innovative tech and the right technology partner, as well as how to enhance loyalty value to drive customer satisfaction utilizing these new tools.
This online event is brought to you by Cornell’s School of Hotel Administration and the Center for Hospitality Research.
What You’ll Learn
- How touchless and contactless technologies are keeping consumers safe
- Why it’s important to have innovative tech as well as the right technology partner
- Strategies to enhance loyalty value and drive customer satisfaction
- The challenges and opportunities of data sharing and managing data to provide a 360-degree view of the customer
- What the future of hospitality looks like enabled by innovative tech
- Karan Girotra, Charles H. Dyson Family Professor of Management, Cornell Tech, Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
- Shane O’Flaherty, global director – travel, transportation, and hospitality, Microsoft
- David Oppenheim, senior vice president – global insights, analytics, and data, IHG Hotels and Resorts
- Michael Partridge ’92, vice president – sales and revenue analysis, Marriott International
- Liesl Smith, senior vice president – global marketing and sales enablement, FreedomPay