- Senior Lecturer
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hospitality and Services Design, Management and Operations
Christopher Gaulke is a lecturer in food & beverage management at the School of Hotel Administration. He teaches courses in restaurant management, purchasing and supply chain management, and new product development. Christopher realized his affinity for restaurants and food service at a young age and has since gained more than 20 years of practical experience working in a variety of different food-service operations including quick-service, casual, and upscale restaurants, as well as retail and institutional food service. In that time, he gained significant knowledge of both front- and back-of-house operations and held several top managerial positions including general manager, executive chef, and food-service manager.
While earning his MBA, Christopher realized his passion for teaching, while teaching courses in food production, sanitation, beverage management, and global hospitality. Consequently, Christopher began his PhD studies at Purdue University. There he focused his studies and research on food-service operations, local food supply chains and regional food hubs, and food safety in farmer's markets. During this time he also taught courses in sanitation, quantity food production, and advanced restaurant management.
Christopher is a member of the National Restaurant Association, a Certified Chef de Cuisine, a Certified ServSafe Instructor, and Registered ServSafe Examination Proctor for the National Restaurant Association.
- Kolakowski, Heather; Gaulke, Christopher. "The Benefits and Challenges of Food Service Composting Programs"Hotel Business Review. Hotel Executive. (2016)
- Gaulke, Christopher; Kolakowski, Heather. "The Local Challenge Balancing Customer Demand and Local Sources"Hotel Business Review. Hotel Executive. (2015)
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award (2014) International Council of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education
- HADM 1102 - Entrepreneurship and Concept Development in the Food and Beverage Industry
- HADM 2360 - Food Service Management, Theory and Practice
- HADM 1199 - Hotelie LaunchPad: Maximizing and Leveraging the Cornell Experience
- HADM 4510/HADM 5510 - Restaurant Development
- HADM 2351 - Restaurant Management
- MBA Eastern Michigan University, 2011
- BS Eastern Michigan University, 2009
- AGS Charles Stewart Mott Community College, 2004
- AAS Atlantic Culinary Academy, 2003