Admissions for Undergraduate Business Programs

The Cornell SC Johnson College accepts first-year students and transfer students to its undergraduate business programs.

Before you apply, explore each undergraduate business program and its school to see which one is right for you. When you apply, you will need to select your school of choice.

Dyson School

BS in Applied Economics and Management

Explore Dyson

School of Hotel Administration (SHA)

BS in Hotel Administration

Explore SHA

Warren Hall, home of Dyson
Statler Hall, home of SHA
Collegetown Bagels
Touchdown the bear dressed for summer — 📸: @cornelluniversity on Instagram
Checking out the Cornell Dairy Bar — 📸: @cornelluniversity on Instagram
A.D. White Library — 📸: @cornelluniversity on Instagram
Cornell Arts Quad — 📸: @cornellCAS on Instagram

We want to meet you!

As you’re researching undergraduate business programs, we encourage you to visit us virtually by attending a live information session!

Upcoming online events

Join us for an online information session. Registration is required.


Application information for prospective undergraduate business students

Bachelor’s degree requirements and procedures for applying to an undergraduate business program are different for first-year students and transfers. The Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management and the School of Hotel Administration accept applications for transfers from other institutions.

Applying for an undergraduate business program as a first-year student

Incoming first-year students seeking to pursue a bachelor’s degree apply to Cornell University and select their school of choice using the Common Application or Universal College Application. Use the links below to learn more about application requirements and process, what we look for in successful candidates, and how to get started.


Early decision: Nov. 1
Regular decision: Jan. 2

Learn more

Applying to Dyson
Applying to SHA

Applying for an undergraduate business program as a transfer student from another institution

If you’d like to transfer to Cornell University and the SC Johnson College from another institution to continue your bachelor’s degree studies, you must be a first-year student or sophomore when you apply. The Dyson School does not accept transfer students for the spring semester—all Dyson transfers must start in the fall. SHA transfers may start in the fall or spring. Use the links below to learn about the application process, requirements, and eligibility.


Fall start: March 15
Spring start (SHA only): Oct. 15

Questions? Contact us:

289 Statler Hall