Cornell Business: Graduate and Professional Programs
Whether looking for an MBA or specialized professional master's program to propel your career, or perhaps intent on pursuing research and teaching, Cornell Business offers multiple opportunities through its three AACSB International-accredited business management schools, the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and the School of Hotel Administration.
MBA and Professional Degree Programs – Ithaca, New York
- Two-Year MBA: This program provides the greatest opportunity to explore a variety of interests while developing leadership and management expertise. Immersion programs, an internship, additional electives, along with club and group travel activities provide a broader set of experiences to explore new career directions.
- One-Year MBA: This intense program builds on your experience with new business skills and management knowledge that will propel your career forward. By integrating with 2YR MBA students, this program provides an influx of new study partners and work experiences to incorporate in your personal network.
- Dual-degree MBA: Combining an MBA with other graduate degrees can be a powerful way to add high level business skills to specialized knowledge in a compressed timeframe, putting yourself on the fast track in your chosen career.
You can tailor a dual degree program to meet your interests and goals.
- Two-Year Baker Program in Real Estate: In this unique Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate (MPSRE) program you develop fundamental knowledge about all facets of real estate and an array of advanced analytical skills, with industry exposure and real world experience. Students learn about real estate as the built environment and as an investible asset, which play important roles in the international economy and in societal institutions. Students may combine the MPSRE with either a traditional MBA or with a master of regional planning with the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning (AAP).
- One-Year Master of Management in Hospitality: The MMH is unique as an AACSB-accredited graduate professional program for the hospitality and service-related industries. Building on prior experience in hospitality operations or other fields, students leverage the MMH to advance their careers throughout hospitality and service industries, or as entrepreneurs. Part of the School of Hotel Administration, MMH students join an exclusive network of alumni and professional connections. The compressed three-semester program in twelve-months minimizes the opportunity cost of this investment in your career. MMH students can earn a dual MMH-MBA in two years with the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) in Shanghai, China.
- Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Applied Economics and Management: The MPS degree through the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management emphasizes analytical skills for the private sector. . Whether students have already embarked on professional careers, or enter the program directly after undergraduate study, the MPS degree offers strong disciplinary training with a focus on business decision support. The two semester M.P.S. program is ideal for those who are seeking to complement their professional skills with rigorous analytical training. Programs offer significant flexibility in selecting both the ideal coursework and problem-solving project to advance your career. Students may choose from five concentrations:
- Applied Behavioral Economics and Individual Choice (ABEIC) Concentration
- International Development Economics Concentration
- Food and Agricultural Economics Concentration
- Environmental Management Concentration
- Graduate Minor in Real Estate: Regardless of your primary discipline, Cornell graduate students at the Ithaca, New York campus may choose to pursue a graduate minor in Real Estate, leveraging the broad offering of real estate and related courses in Cornell Business and across campus.
MBA at Cornell Tech – New York City
- Johnson Cornell Tech MBA: This is the MBA re-engineered where you'll earn an advanced business education that provides in-depth knowledge on the technologies, companies and industries changing the global landscape.
MBA/FMBA Cornell University / Tsinghua University – Ithaca, New York and Tsinghua, China
- Cornell-Tsinghua MBA/FMBA: Educating the next generation of leaders in the financial industry. An MBA program offered in both Mandarin and English to experienced executives.
Executive MBA – Multiple Locations
- Cornell Executive MBA Americas: The Cornell Executive MBA Americas brings the excellence of the Ivy League directly to established working professionals in major business centers around North America through a live and connected experience.
- Cornell Executive MBA - in Metro New York: For executives with substantial experience who want to continue working while earning their degree. This program offers a unique environment where students and faculty spend quality time together in a retreat-style setting without the distraction of work and other commitments. Candidates typically live and work within commutable distance of New York City.
MS and PhD Programs – Ithaca, New York
Cornell Business at the Ithaca, New York campus offers several full-time research degrees with the potential to perform original research under guidance, and in preparation for various careers including those in research and teaching. Programs are intentionally small to foster interaction and collaboration among students and faculty.
- PhD in Management from Johnson
Tailored programs in:
- Management and Organizations (organizational behavior)
- Operations, Technology and Information Management
- PhD in Applied Economics and Management from the Dyson School
- MS in Applied Economics and Management from the Dyson School
- PhD in Hotel Administration from the School of Hotel Administration
- MS in Hotel Administration from the School of Hotel Administration
PhD in Applied Economics and Management from the Dyson School is a top ranked program offering cutting edge training in agricultural economics, environmental and resource economics, international and development economics or management economics. The program has a long history of producing leading scholars in the field of applied economics, who are trained to rigorously ask and answer important, policy relevant questions, with the goal of securing tenure track research and teaching positions at U.S. and foreign universities after graduation. Additionally, many alumni hold high-profile positions in state and federal government agencies, international agencies such as the World Bank and the United Nations, and in leading companies in the private and not-for-profit sectors.
MS in Applied Economics and Management is designed to prepare students for entry level research positions or future PhD study in economics related fields. The MS features concentrations in food and agricultural economics, environmental and resource economics, international and development economics or management. The MS program offers the rigorous coursework and research opportunities that prepares students for highly ranked economics, applied economics, and public policy PhD programs, with a past track record of top-shelf placements.
Want to learn about the undergraduate student experience? Learn more