"The goal of VinUniversity is to be a university of the highest international standards in research, teaching, and training for students both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, serving as a magnet for the most talented faculty and students from all over the world."Rohit Verma, Founding Provost, VinUniversity, Protem Committee Member, VinUniversity Project, Former Dean of External Relations, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Cornell enters into a multi-year academic consulting contract with VinAcademy of Vingroup.
Official signing ceremony among VinAcademy and Cornell. VinUniversity begins construction of campus in Hanoi, VN.
Multiple Cornell faculty and leadership trips to Hanoi, VN. The Prime Minister of Vietnam officially approves VinUniversity establishment.
Series of virtual engagements provided by Cornell faculty and staff. VinUniversity celebrates inaugural academic year and welcomes its first cohort of students.
Continued virtual capacity building with Cornell faculty and experts. VinUniversity completes first academic year and accepts its second students cohort.
Several collaborations between faculty and students of both universities. VinUniversity sends multiple Visiting Fellows to Cornell during spring and fall semesters.
Developed and participated in the design charrette focusing on the high-level strategy of a world-class university.
Assisted in the development, and validated VinUniversity’s undergraduate curriculum in Business, Hospitality Management, Real Estate, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and General Science.
Assisted in the review and approval of campus design plans and infrastructure planning.
Led the recruiting process for the Curriculum Development Faculty of VinUniversity.
Spearheaded the recruiting process leading to the selection of the Founding Provost.
Launched the recruiting process leading to the selection of leading candidates for Deanships in Business Management and Engineering.
Spearheaded the recruiting process of the initial faculty in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Hospitality Management, Real Estate, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science.
Assisted in the development of VinUniversity strategies in admissions, marketing, student affairs, library management, IT, and research.
Developed and provided professional development training for VinUniversity faculty.
Developed and provided professional training for high level university staff in admissions/marketing and human resources.
Provided input and feedback to VinUni leadership on university-level strategies, such as 5-year planning, research strategy, faculty hiring strategy.
Developed training opportunities and programs for new faculty, senior leadership and senior staff. Explored coaching and mentoring opportunities.
Established the Curriculum Enhancement Program, through which Cornell faculty share their teaching materials, review VinUni faculty’s syllabus, and discuss active learning components.
Designed a professional development programs for VinUni Faculty as Visiting Fellows at Cornell University.
Coached VinUni team on AACSB and ABET process, and reviewed VinUni’s plans for accreditation.
Facilitated Cornell faculty guest lectures in selected VinUni classes, and Cornell faculty to participate as graders for final projects.
VinUniversity in the News
(Most recent at the top)
- Winner of VinFuture’s $4.5m global sci-tech prizes announced
The Inaugural VinUniversity Global Case Competition Awards Prizes To Global Teams
- VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
- Cornell Atkinson awards $250K in COVID research grants
- Vingroup officially opens VinUniversity in Hanoi
- VinUni receives official approval
- VinUni calls for admission for the first academic year 2020-2021
- Vietnam strives for elite university
- Viet Nam News I: Vingroup to join in higher education
- Viet Nam News 2: Vingroup signs cooperation deal with Cornell, Pennsylvania universities
- Vien Vong: Hanoi Female Student Won First Prize in the Writing Contest in English Write4Change
- Cornell Sun: Johnson Dean Rohit Verma Named Founding Provost at Vietnamese University
- Cornell Sun: Cornell to help Establish University in Hanoi in Collaboration with Vietnamese Company
- Cornell Chronicle: Cornell to collaborate with Vingroup to establish VinUniversity in Hanoi, Vietnam