Business of Food
The Business of Food is an initiative in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. Its vision is to collaborate for thought leadership and to create a hub of cutting-edge research, innovative teaching, and collaborative industry engagement.
Cornell has a rigorous food presence in many areas that makes us a leader in the business of food:
- business school
- career and job placement
- food service and hospitality
- food and science innovation
- international development
- student activities
The Dyson School and the School of Hotel Administration, both within the college of business, offer concentrations in food-related business studies. Many other courses in associated studies can be found in the college of agriculture and life sciences and around the university.
The Business of Food supports industry roundtables to discuss trends in craft beers, consumer behavior, sustainability and other important topics.
Connecting with over 70 researchers and associates and 12 other departmental units around the university, the Business of Food funds internal grants that lead the way to vital food research.
Faculty and Staff
- Miguel Gómez (Dyson) and Ravinder Kingra (SHA)
Chairs of Steering Committees:
- David Just, Research
- Catherine Perkins, Engagement
- Catharine Young, CALS representative
- Rajni Aneja, CALS, Institute for Food Systems
- Kristen Park, Business of Food project manager
Centers, Institutes, and Programs Supporting the Theme
- The Alliance (School of Hotel Administration/Culinary Institute of America)
- Center for Hospitality Research (CHR)
- Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise
- Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Cornell Food Venture Center
- Cornell Institute for Food Systems (CIFS)
- Cornell Institute for Food Systems Industry Partnership Program
- Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures (CIHF)
- Cornell University Food Industry Management Program (FIMP)
- Cornell Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Emerging Markets Program
- Tata-Cornell Institute for Agriculture and Nutrition (TCI)