Collaborating with Peers Was a Highlight of the Undergrad Experience for Carly Chasen ‘24

By: Staff
Photo of Carly Chasen wearing a gray Cornell t-shirt and standing in front of Sage Hall.

Carly Chasen ’24

Major/Program: Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, concentrating in Finance

What were your most memorable experiences at Cornell?

My favorite thing about my time at Dyson has been the collaboration with my peers. The friendships and connections I’ve formed here have been invaluable in helping me navigate the Dyson curriculum and learn from others. As I graduate and begin my professional journey, I know the Dyson network will always be a constant source of encouragement, support, and opportunity.

Doing the “Greatest Good” is an important part of being a Cornellian. How have you strived to make a positive impact?

During my freshman year on the Dyson Undergraduate Council, I helped launch the Dyson Connects mentorship program, which pairs new students with current ones for guidance on Dyson and Cornell. As I move into life as an alum, I will continue to volunteer as a mentor for Cornell students whenever I can, continuing the tradition of doing the greatest good for fellow Cornellians.

What’s the most valuable lesson you learned at Cornell?

The most valuable lesson I learned at Cornell is the importance of building relationships with professors through class participation, office hours, and informal discussions after class. Having the opportunity to build relationships directly with professors helped me engage more deeply with the course material and opened the door for me to serve as a Course Assistant for AEM 2200.

What’s next?

I am excited to move to New York City and put my Dyson education to work in my finance job. While I look forward to meeting new people at work and in NYC, I also look forward to staying in touch and networking with my Cornell and Dyson peers.