Zoe Rich ’24 Says Being a Cornellian Means Embracing Excellence And Intellectual Curiosity

By: Staff
A student walks across the Ag Quad at Cornell.

Zoe Rich ’24

Major/program: Applied Economics and Management, Concentration in Marketing

Head shot of Zoe Rich.
Zoe Rich ’24

What will you always remember about your time at Cornell?

What I will most remember about my time at Cornell is the people who made it so incredible. I was lucky enough to meet people from all different corners of Cornell, who have become my best friends. Along with this, my professors offered me so much support and guidance throughout my school career that will no doubt leave a lasting impact.

Why is it so memorable?

One of the reasons I think my experience will be so memorable is because of the diversity of perspectives and experiences at Cornell. I was able to create unforgettable memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.

Doing the greatest good is a big part of being a Cornellian. How will you carry this into your career and life after Cornell?

To me, being a Cornellian means embracing the traditions of excellence and intellectual curiosity. Even though I must admit I am scared to graduate; I know that Cornell has well prepared me to make a positive impact in whatever I pursue.

What is the most valuable thing you learned in your time at Cornell?

The most valuable lesson I learned in my time at Cornell is to always be true to yourself, even if you feel that everyone else around you is doing something different. In my opinion, staying authentic to your values and beliefs is the most important thing you can do.

How will you use this lesson or knowledge in the future?

I plan on using this lesson in the future in both my work and personal life. By prioritizing authenticity, I can make sure that I stay true to myself!

What are you most looking forward to after graduation?

I am so sad to leave Cornell but am excited for all of the opportunities to come. I am excited to move to New York City for the first time and embark on a new journey with all of the friends I’ve made!