- Lewis H. Durland Professor of Management
- Managing Editor, Journal of Financial Intermediation
- Corporate Finance
Professor Murillo Campello is Lewis H. Durland Professor of Management and professor of finance at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. An internationally recognized scholar of financial economics, Campello's papers have dealt with such issues as the impact of market imperfections on companies, the limits of the firm, product markets, corporate capital structure, monetary policy transmission, financial crises, the economic implications of the Covid pandemic, and econometrics. His work has been cited by prominent policy authorities, such as the Federal Reserve chairman, mentioned in Congressional hearings, described in the "Economic Report of the President," and used to advise the U.S. Supreme Court.
Campello has published extensively in top finance journals and has served as an associate editor at several leading outlets. He is currently the Managing Editor of The Journal of Financial Intermediation. He has received the "Rising Star" award and has been named "Distinguished Referee" by The Review of Financial Studies twice for his referee work. His papers were nominated twice for the distinguished Brattle Prize of the Journal of Finance, and he received the Goldman Sachs Best Paper award by The Review of Finance.
Professor Campello is a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research. He earned his PhD in finance from the University of Illinois in 2000, an MS in business administration from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro in 1995, and a BS in economics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in 1991.
- NBAT 5900 - Advanced Topics in Finance
- NBA 6880/LAW 6235 - Corporate Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- NBA 5580 - Corporate Financial Policy
- NBAB 5580 - Corporate Financial Policy
- NRE 5060 - PhD Seminar - Corporate Finance Theory
- NRE 5110 - PhD Seminar in Empirical Corporate Finance
- PhD University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2000
- MS Pontifical Catholic University, 1994
- BA Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 1991