Meet Our New Faculty: Collin Raymond

Collin Raymond is an associate professor of strategy and business economics at Johnson.

By: Janice Endresen
headshot of Collin Raymond.

Collin Raymond, associate professor of strategy and business economics at Johnson

Meet Collin Raymond, one of the newest faculty members from across the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. Raymond earned his MA and PhD in economics from the University of Michigan and his MS in global market economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He joins the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management from Purdue University. Learn more about Raymond’s areas of expertise, research focus, courses she is teaching, and other interests in this Q&A.

Collin Raymond | Associate Professor of Strategy and Business Economics | Johnson

What are your research and teaching areas of focus?

My research focuses on the intersection between psychology and economics, primarily examining drivers of individual behavior. I’ve done work on understanding what causes people to lie more or less, how overconfidence affects behavior in the workplace, and how firms use complex contracts to increase profits.

What class(es) are you teaching this year?

I am teaching Strategy this year. 

What attracted you to the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and to the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, specifically?

The students at Cornell have a reputation for excellence and there is a wide range of scholars studying similar topics to mine, both in the Strategy and Business Economics group and across the college more broadly. 

What are you most looking forward to during your first year at Johnson?

I’m excited for the students and colleagues I’ll get to interact with and the autumn leaves.

What’s the best book you’ve read this year?

I recently reread  Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things, which still astounds me with its use of language

What do you do to recharge?

I enjoy cooking at home and backpacking in the Rockies and Southwest.