Meet Our New Faculty: Wyatt Lee

By: Staff
Headshot of Wyatt Lee.

Meet Wyatt Lee, one of the newest faculty members in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. He has joined the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration as an assistant professor of management and organizations.

Learn more about Lee’s areas of expertise, research focus, courses he is teaching, and other interests in this Q&A.

Wyatt Lee | Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations | Nolan Hotel School

What are your research and teaching areas of focus?

My research primarily focuses on evaluations, such as ratings and rankings, and their impact on individual and organizational outcomes. I also study the labor market and the factors that hinder career attainment. My teaching interests lie in strategic management and organizational theory.

What class will you be teaching this year?

I will be teaching Strategic Management.

What attracted you to the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and the Nolan Hotel School?

Several factors attracted me to the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. Three that ranked at the top of the list were the rigorous, high-impact research conducted by the college, the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with renowned colleagues, and the friendly and supportive atmosphere. In terms of the Nolan Hotel School, the opportunity to impact and contribute to the hospitality industry was a major draw for me.

What are you most looking forward to during your first year?

During my first year, I am looking forward to learning about the interesting research projects my colleagues are working on. I am also excited about engaging with students through teaching.

What’s the best book you’ve read this year?

“Atomic Habits” by James Clear. I have several books on my reading list that I’m looking forward to exploring.

What do you do to recharge?

In my free time, I have recently taken up practicing yoga. I find it incredibly recharging and beneficial for both my physical and mental well-being.